In the world of darts, a backboard is something like a safety net, but for your walls. Imagine you’re having a good time, aiming to hit the bullseye on your dartboard, but uh-oh! Your throw misses the mark and instead of landing on the dartboard, your dart heads for the wall.
Now, if you love your walls as much as your game, you might not appreciate a bunch of dart holes ruining the look. That’s where a dart backboard comes into the picture. It’s a protective layer that you place around your dartboard to shield the surrounding area.
A backboard can be made from various materials. You might see ones made from cork, foam, wood, or even felt. The idea is to use a material that can handle the impact of darts, absorb their force, and keep them from damaging the wall.
Backboards can come in different shapes and sizes, too. Some might just be a basic square or rectangle, while others are designed to complement the round shape of the dartboard. Some even have a fancy, decorative touch to them, adding a bit of flair to your game setup.
To top it all off, dart backboards can be pretty easy to install. Some are as simple as hanging a picture – you just place it on the wall, secure it, and you’re good to go!
So, in short, a dart backboard is your wall’s best friend when you’re immersed in a thrilling game of darts. It’s a practical, sometimes stylish, addition that can save your walls from unwanted dart holes. Now, doesn’t that sound like a win-win?
Best Dart Backboards
- Dartboard backboard features a luxurious dark mahogany finish, complementing your home décor
- Constructed of MDF wood and is equipped with a durable black felt backing which protects your wall from miss...
- Measures 29" L x 29" W x 1" D and fits most traditional sisal fiber bristle dartboards
- Includes mounting hardware, making installation easy; Dartboard sold seprately
- 1. Material specifications: Made of high-density natural cork to protect your dart wall;
- 2. Thickness: 0.6 inch, make sure darts cannot penetrate, keep the wall free from dents or pinholes;
- 3. Suitable for 17.75 inches dart board;
- 4. Protected area area: 24*36 inches;
- 5. Installation: The protector has an adhesive on the back, which can be directly attached to a smooth and...
- Size: The dart board wall surround is 28in outer diameter, 17.75in inner diameter, 1in thick.
- Metarial: Black flocking and EVA foam, it is strong and sturdy.
- Easy Installation: No tools needed , just splicing 5 pieces dart backboards together. Does not take up space...
- Function: This dart board backer protects your wall from errant throws.The EVA surface is covered with Black...
- Any advice on our product or service, welcome to give your suggestion to us. In case any problem or you are...